The Ecommerce Website is not an easy bread to make and serve. One has to spend its valuable money and precious time for its establishment. Yes, you can save your time by employing developers and using free systems like Content Management System, Theme etc. However, you should integrate trusted third-party APIs to provide the facilities like shopping cart, payment gateways, invoices, and so on. In this write up, we’ll put highlight on the radiant APIs to integrate in your Ecommerce Website. You can use them to create shopping cart, check out system, invoices, connectivity with buyers/users, and so on.
It is one of the best available Content Management Systems for ecommerce Websites. Magento is available in two versions: Standard (available for free) and Pro (paid & premium version). If you’re just starting your Website or do not have enough budget then go for free Magento edition to host your Website. Let us tell you a secret that Magento Connect provides a wide range of both free and paid themes along with extensions.
If you need a free and open source solutions for your ecommerce Website then combination of Drupal and Ubercart is there for you. Drupal provides you additional security and better administrator, whereas Ubercart helps you to establish your ecommerce in an easy way.
Zen Cart is an open source and free shopping cart well known for its user-friendly interface. You can use Drupal to host your Website and then install Zen Cart Module to build a shopping cart. In addition, you can also install Zen Cart as inside a sub-directory along with WordPress installation.
Most of us are not developers since birth but have a little understanding of technical concepts. If you wish to administer your online shopping portal easily then go for WordPress to publish your Website. So, is there any shopping cart solution for it? Yes, there is DukaPress for you, which is free and open source shopping cart. You just have to add DukaPress plugin to your WordPress installation for start using it.
Joomla is a bit trickier than WordPress but still offers advanced administration, especially user (buyer) management. If you are hosting your Website on Joomla then go for Virtuemart. This shopping cart is available for free and allows you the modification of its source code as well.
PayPal offers you following services to integrate on your Website. You just have to visit the PayPal Integration Center and select the appropriate options listed below.
- Website Payment Standard – Accept payments through Credit Cards.
- Websites Payment Pro – offers an Internet Merchant account and gateway.
- Payflow Payment Gateway – process payments through your own Merchant account.
- Express Checkout – allows you accepting PayPal as a payment option.
- Online Invoicing – allows you emailing the bill with a Pay Now button for receiving faster payments.
- Virtual Terminal – allows you processing the credit cards online through phone, email, and fax orders.
Please remember that PayPal is a paid option to receive payments and requires you to create PayPal account first prior to use above products. Therefore, we advise you to go through the pricing of selected products before starting using it.
Google is famous for providing easy-to-use and user friendly gadgets. Its Google Checkout offers following products to be integrated in your ecommerce Website.
- Google Checkout Shopping Carts – creates a shopping cart to your Website. This shopping cart allows users to buy multiple items at a time.
- Google Checkout Store Gadget – allows you creating online store at your Website in just few minutes. You can use sell its products and earn good commission.
- Buy Now buttons – adds the Buy Now buttons with the products. These buttons are meant to purchase single item at a time.
- Custom Shopping Carts – allows you to customize the Google Checkout Shopping Carts and integrate with HTML/XML APIs.
- Email Invoices – allows you sending bills or payment request in emails with Payment Buttons.
You just need Basic HTML knowledge to integrate above Google Checkout tools except Custom Shopping Carts in your Website. If you don’t know which product to use then visit Google Checkout Recommender. We suggest you noticing the Costs and Fees of Google Checkout Shopping Cart system at https://checkout.google.com/seller/fees.html prior planning to use it.
If you do not want to go for PayPal then Authorize.net is its alternative. It offers following four API solutions to be integrated within your Website.
- Simple Checkout – allows integration of Buy Now and Donate buttons on your Website. This’ll redirect the users to customizable Authorize.net for transactions. You just have to copy and paste the HTML Code to use this product. API and SSL are not required to integrate these buttons.
- Server Integration Method (SIM) – allows you receiving payments from the buyers. It’ll redirect the buyers to customizable Authorize.net for transactions. You should possess scripting techniques for authenticating the transactions.
- Direct Post Method (DPM) – allows you receiving payments from the buyers on your Website itself. Basic programming skills are required to implement this API.
- Advanced Integration Method (AIM) – You can use this API to receive payments on your Website and save user sessions. However, the integration of this API requires advanced scripting knowledge. In addition, SSL is required for its implementation.
- Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) – Use this API to integrate installment-based payments or select/submit subscription based methods with payment forms.
- Customer Information Manager (CIM) – It allows you creating the customer profiles and save them on Authorize.net’s secured servers.
One should have to integrate the APIs for providing the basic amenities of an online store. Google Checkout, PayPal and Authorize.net APIs can be used independent of the CMS of your Website. In addition, the type of shopping cart solely depends upon the selected Content Management System. If you’re going for ecommerce CMS like Magento, Zen Cart, osCommerce etc. then they offer inbuilt shopping carts.